Water is a key part of any weight loss program. It is very necessary for helping the body remove fat, and for general overall health.
The following are some of the things that water will help the body with:
- Suppresses appetite
- Assists the body in metabolizing stored fat, because your liver is overloaded when your kidneys don't get enough water. Your liver metabolizes fat, and it can't do that 100% if it is doing the kidneys job.
- Reduces fat deposits in the body
- Relieves fluid retention problems. If you don't give your body water, it will hold it so as not to lose it.
- Reduces sodium buildup in the body
- Helps to maintain proper muscle tone.
- Rids the body of waste and toxins
- Relieves constipation
Tips on water intake:
- Drink a minimum of 64 ounces per day (2 quarts)
- Drink an additional 8 ounces per day for every 25 pounds overweight
- It is better to drink the water cold, it is absorbed quicker and may burn more calories
- Drink clean water, bottled or filtered